Are you aiming to streamline your billing workflow and make your practice more productive? Medical practice management software can help. The goal of healthcare management software is to enhance personal satisfaction, efficiency, delivery and practice of patient care. Most organizations use practice management software to account for patients, track patients, scheduling and management of registrations and reports by using one workflow for all operations. Single platforms also make collecting payments on patient accounts easy.
What is Practice Management Software?
Practice management software helps all medical offices run efficiently. Most medium-size and small practices use practice management to aid in the management of daily operations including administrative and financial functions. There are also some offices that connect practice management software with electronic medical records. Practice management software can:
- Submit insurance claims
- Track and enter patients
- Carry out charge capture
- Generate staff members’ reports
- Process payments from third parties, patients and insurance providers
- Carry out billing procedures
- Schedule patient appointments
- Record patient demographics
For practice management software to be in place, a computer and internet connection is needed.
How Does Practice Management Software Work with Patients?
Practice management software can work with patients in a number of ways including scheduling appointments, organizing data and processing claims and bills.
Office staff and physicians can easily manage schedules and quickly book and confirm appointments across multiple locations, providers and days of the week. Some practice management software (including ours) even allow patients to book their own appointments through the web.
While one of the biggest hurdles patients face is a clash of schedules with the physician, practice management software gives real time insight to the physician and to each staff member ruling out any scheduling conflicts. In addition, practice management also reduces and avoids double bookings.
Since the software allows staff and physicians to quickly access and enter basic patient information like insurance providers, employers, date of birth, telephone numbers, areas of residence and health history, patients and other staff members can access the information for future references.
Processing Claims and Bills
Medical practice management software generate electronic claims and prepare billing statements based on what the patient has encountered. The system scans claims and bills to ensure patients include the right diagnosis codes and that they follow the pay or regulations.
On occasions where the system identifies conflicting information or errors which might potentially delay the payment, the staff receive a notification, allowing them to resolve the issue. The staff is also alerted if patient payments and claims are overdue. If a cloud-based medical practice management software is in use, new procedural codes and billing rules are automatically updated, ensuring the software never uses any outdated codes.
Features of our software
We have an advanced orthodontic practice management software which not only has an easy access to cloud solution but is also reliable. Below are some of the features you get by installing our software:
- Medical and patient forms that are fully integrated:
- Our software allows patients to electrically fill out their medical history and patient paperwork. They will not be involved in any paperwork. After scheduling, the patient receives an email or text to fill it out. No manual data entry is required.
- Case closer technology:
- Our software has a case-closer technology feature that makes it easy to configure payment options for patients to accept and access. Planning your treatment has never been easier! After completing your diagnosis, you pick a treatment plan, set up a flexible payment plan in seconds then use our case closer technology to seal the deal with a paperless online contract signing.
Other features include:
- Planning advanced treatment
- Smart scheduling
- Embedded appointment widget
- Full service patient portal
- Electrical medical form
For advanced medical practice systems to be in place, a substantial investment in the project is needed. However, there are a handful of software providers who offer their services for free. Irrespective of whether you opt in for a free or paid version, having a practice management software is an important tool for patients, practitioners and staff members. Not only does the software boost efficiency but it also increases timely reimbursements.